Some basic information on Reno’s paratransit services.
- RTC provides 25,000 rides a day in Reno.
- RTC access has been running since 1988
- RTC access has a 30 minute pickup windows. For example, if you are scheduled to be picked up at 10:00 am, you may be picked up between 9:45 and 10:15.
- Drivers can only wait 5 minutes.
- A one way fare is $3.00
- No subscription serves on these holidays: New Years Day, Martin Luther King Jr. Day , Presidents Day, Independence Day, Memorial Day, Labor Day , Nevada Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving Day , Family Day, Christmas Day.
- Children under age 6 are free
- One on one or group training programs to help people with disabilities learn how to use transit.
You have to eligible in order to ride & there are 3 different categories:
- Individuals who are unable because of a physical or mental impairment to board, ride or disembark, independently from any readily accessible vehicle on the regular fixed route system.
- Individuals who are unable because of a physical or mental impairment to board, ride or disembark, independently from any readily accessible vehicle on the regular fixed route system, but the accessible route is not available at the time needed on a particular route .
- Any individual with a specific impairment- related condition that prevents that person from traveling to a boarding location or from a disembarking location on the system. The impairment must prevent travel to or from a fixed route stop. Distance and weather do NOT provide eligibility and the situations are resolved on a case by case basis.